The Newport Area Environment Group (NAEG) is a voluntary community based initiative, in Newport, Pembrokeshire.
The aims and objectives include:
- Fostering understanding of local, national and global environmental sustainability
- Thereby seeking to achieve sustainable environmental improvements locally with the ultimate purpose of creating a carbon neutral area
- Facilitating groups to set up initiatives in local food growing, renewable energy etc to address the twin challenges of peak fossil fuel and climate change.
We are actively engaged in all manner of topics related to improving our community and seeking a more sustainable environment and ecology to pass on to future generations. Read more about us by clicking About Us.
JOIN US: We welcome new members. Please come along to one of our meetings or contact us.
For comments and suggestions about this web site, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Newport Area Environment Group (N.A.E.G. – usually pronounced “NAG”) was established in 2006 under the auspices of the Newport Community Forum– supported through PLANED funding mechanisms. Since 2008 NAEG has been an independent organisation with its own constitution.
Aims and Objectives – in more detail.
The principal aims and objectives of the group, which is a wholly voluntary based community initiative include:
“Fostering the understanding of local, national and global environmental sustainability – and thereby seeking to achieve sustainable environmental improvements locally with the ultimate purpose of creating a carbon neutral area.”
Then these could be described as our Objectives in achieving these aims:-
- To determine our collective carbon footprint and the local potential for production of renewable energy.
- To research and understand local people’s attitudes, knowledge and willingness to participate in improvements.
- To involve, educate and raise awareness amongst local people..
- To encourage group membership and inform members of issues, activities and opportunities.
- To advocate good practice.
- To provide a forum for exchange of information and ideas.
- To work with local organisations and community groups.
- To organise events.
- To organise or facilitate projects, initiatives and enterprises.
- To coordinate action to tackle specific issues.
As a Group, we are actively engaged in all manner of topics related to improving our community and seeking a more sustainable environment and ecology to pass on to future generations.
NAEG is presently too small in number to achieve our aims without more help and so we encourage you come along to a future meeting and consider joining us.
Please refer to the Home Page of this site for the date of the next meeting.
Details of meetings available from the Secretary on 01239 881307
(for recycling matters contact Reg Atkinson 01239 820889)
Members of the group who wish to have the authority to edit this site will be registered as such by the administrator. Please send an email to email@example.com